Tuesday 8 May 2012

Forthcoming Gigs - 13 May and 1 June

Yes, it's one of those updates which begs for folk to attend events I'll be appearing at.  Every website has them, why should mine be any exception?  I mean, why are you here anyway?  Are you actually interested in what I do or not?  

Anyway:

On Sunday 13 May I'll be appearing at The Yard in Hackney Wick in London at 6pm doing a eight minute set (or thereabouts) of poems, during which you'll probably get the chance to hear some new material.  Also on the bill will be Jonathan Kemp, Amy Neislson Smith, Sophie Robinson, Roy Woolley, Siddhartha Bose, Raymond, the irrepressible Graham Buchan, Martin Esposito and Sunshine Faggio.  The Yard is located at Unit 2, Queens Yard, White Post Lane, Hackney Wick, E9 5EN, and if you're a Facebook dweller you'll find the details here: https://www.facebook.com/events/404117639620330/404207376278023/?ref=notif&notif_t=plan_mall_activity


On Friday 1 June I'll be at Stoke Newington Literary Festival, but I won't be reading - instead, I'll be one of the DJs at the end of the show trying to inject a bit of garage rock, mod pop, psychedelia, funk and soul into the proceedings.  The venue will be the Mascara Bar in Stamford Hill at 72 Stamford Hill, London N16 6XS.  The Facebook details are here: https://www.facebook.com/events/458449877503852/ Whilst it's free entry and the DJ sets will run from 10pm - 2am, you'd be well encouraged to view some of the poets who will also be appearing.  Niall O’Sullivan, Tim Wells, Wayne Holloway-Smith, Clare Pollard, Amy Acre, Anna Le, Chip Grim, and Sophie Cameron are among the acts featured in that bar across the weekend. 
See you out there in the real world, I hope.  

2 comments:

  1. I'll miss the djing..going to Italy for a reading...thank you for yesterday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very much for having me, Sunshine - I think it's a great venue and will be a good place to hold future readings.

    Have a great time in Italy.

    ReplyDelete